lunedì 26 settembre 2016

About me

My name is Matteo.
I have been into cooking since I was very young. As most of the Italian families here, I was introducing to this art from my grandparents.
After years of studying and working (more working than studying) I did open my own restaurant.
In that place was where my real nature showed off and where I learnt that baking was my real love.
This because I wanted to bake my own bread to give a more personal touch to my place and to give that added value.
Since then, I started more and more to be involved into the process of fermentation and in a particular way of natural fermentation.
I did start to study a lot and dig into every resource I could find to stop my lust of knowledge; And when it seemed there were not much more info available on baking itself I started to study biochemistry related to natural fermentations.
At that point I did switch my focus entirely on baking and did start to change my kitchen into a kind of lab where I could research and bake without much contaminations.
This place, is where I do develope my own techs and point of views as well as hosting workshops for beginners and advanced with international guest bakers.

11 commenti:

  1. Great blog, beautiful photographs and you definitely have the love of baking +_ creating. Sourdough is an an enjoyable art form 8)

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Appreciate!yes it is,and also edible and delicious unlike other art form :)

      Elimina
  2. So it is Matteo! I just fell on your blog while browsing on pinterest. I'm sure i'm going to enjoy that as i enjoy you insta posts.
    Keep it up! You did a great job on your insta! (Gheaz)

    RispondiElimina
  3. Questo commento è stato eliminato da un amministratore del blog.

    RispondiElimina
  4. Hello Matteo,
    I have been following you for quite some time on Instagram. As a home baker of sourdough breads I aspire to reach your level of perfection. I have never managed to get the beautiful open crumb that you achieve. I am happy that you have started a blog. I plan to follow your blog and hope to improve my bread baking with your tips. One day I hope I can come to Italy to stay in you B&B and learn from you directly (and meet you beautiful Bernese Mountain dogs). Thank you for you inspiration.
    Debbie Small
    Debra Small Photography

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Hello! Glad to see you here :) I am sure you will have great times in baking as well as results ! You will more than welcome to come ! thank you :)

      Elimina
  5. Questo commento è stato eliminato dall'autore.

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Hi Matteo. I am a Milanese living in Australia for the last 25 years. I must say I am very happy to have found this blog in eNglish published by an italian. I love bread like an Italian can do and I have just started baking my own. I will eagerly be following this blog trying to learn to bake the perfect michetta. Ciao and thank you. Btw your english is very good 👍👍

      Elimina
    2. Cool! thank you and glad to see you here. :D appreciate, still working on it ... I hope to make few errors, I know sometimes my phrase construction must be a bit weird :P

      Elimina
    3. Cool! thank you and glad to see you here. :D appreciate, still working on it ... I hope to make few errors, I know sometimes my phrase construction must be a bit weird :P

      Elimina